Lifestyle Gear Delivery & Returns Policy
Lifestyle Gear is a New Zealand business dedicated to sourcing outdoor gear products suited to New Zealand’s outdoor lifestyle. Our range will be limited but of a high quality.
We ship from a New Zealand address and all purchases are subject to the below policy.
The delivery costs for your order depends on the type of product you are purchasing (in particular, the size and weight of a product).
- The delivery cost for your order is displayed in your online shopping Cart or Checkout as a Calculated Shipping Cost based on your postcode.
- If you have more than one product in your order, you may receive the different products in separate shipments.
- We reserve the right to refuse orders or renegotiate Shipping Costs.
- Please note deliveries to the Outer Islands (Chatham, Kawau, or Waiheke etc) may incur additional costs and may be classed as interisland.
- Each product has an indication of how long it takes to be delivered in your online shopping Cart or Checkout when you are doing the Calculated Shipping Cost.
- Every order will be dispatched within 24 hours of the completed order, however from time to time there may be delays. Where possible any such delays will be communicated in writing as soon as possible. Should an order be urgent please contact us on 022 47 69 126 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Orders received on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays will be processed on the following business day or when payment is cleared. We aim to send your item/s as soon as possible however times indicated on our website are are subject to change.
- Rural Home Delivery will take longer in some areas.
- Oversized Items will take longer in some areas. You may be contacted prior to delivery by the carrier to arrange a suitable delivery day & time.
Customer Requested Delivery Times
- In some instances customers request specific delivery dates, we will endeavour to deliver as close to this date as possible but due to the nature of some orders and customer location we cannot guarantee to meet your request. We will try to accommodate customer requests but this may not always be possible. If we unable to meet your request we will notify you via email or telephone.
Cancelling or Returning an Order
If you wish to cancel your order please contact us as soon as possible via email on email@example.com with the reason. If you cancel before your order is dispatched you may receive a full refund.
If your items have already been sent then your order can no longer be cancelled. Please follow the returns process below once your order arrives and please note any shipping costs (sending and returning) or transaction charges will not be refunded.
Any return or cancellation may also incur a restocking fee of 10% of the item cost.
Please note that a signature is required for all deliveries and all products become the recipient’s property and responsibility once they have been signed for at the time of delivery.
Please read the below information.
Card to Call FAQs
For any re-delivery you will need to follow all instructions of the delivery agent. As common practice you should be able to choose from one of the following options:
- Collection at a nearby PostShop or NZ Couriers Branch.
- Re-direction to another address (for example you could have it delivered to your work during the day).
- Re-delivery to the original delivery address (good if you know you will be available at the address to sign for the delivery).
If the Shipping Agent has not heard from you they may automatically attempt to re-deliver your item to the original delivery address on the next business day.
If delivery of your order is unsuccessful and the product is returned to us we have the right to charge further shipping costs to redeliver.
Missing or Damaged Products Upon Delivery
If the packaging or products are damaged in transit, please address this at the time of delivery with the delivery driver/agent and contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please take photographic evidence immediately to support any claim with a full description, dates and times.
Should there be any concerns regarding damage you have the right to refuse delivery based on these concerns and evidence and you need to address this with the delivery driver/agent at the time a signature is requested for the delivery.
If anything is lost in transit or missing upon you taking receipt of the delivery please notify us as soon as possible in writing by email email@example.com. Please also contact the delivery agent immediately stating that something is missing so they are able to start an investigation.
Please note that the products become the recipient’s property and responsibility once they have been signed for at the time of delivery. Should something be missing or damaged then any recourse may be negated or not valid.
Order and Delivery Tracking
All orders from Lifestyle Gear are sent as Tracked and will have a unique delivery number. This number can be requested from us at any time.
All packages will require a signature in order for delivery to be made.
NZ Post and NZ Couriers deliver to residential or business addresses. NZ Post only delivers to a PO Boxes.
During completion of your delivery details in the Cart or Checkout process – please ensure you have your order delivered to an address where someone is available to sign for it.
If you were unavailable to sign for an item when NZ Post or NZ Courier called, they may leave a Card to Call at the delivery address. This card details when the delivery was attempted, the item number and what you need to do to have the items re-delivered. Once this card has been left it is your responsibility to ensure collection or re-delivery is undertaken.
We do not ship overseas outside of New Zealand. We only ship to a New Zealand address.
Getting different products sent to different addresses
Should you require items to be shipped to multiple addresses then each order will be required to be completed and processed for each address.
Lifestyle Gear Warranty & Returns Policy
While the Consumer Guarantees Act and Fair Trading Act provide the basis for our returns policy, we assess each request on an individual basis and will endeavour to go above and beyond.
You are entitled to a replacement or refund when you have been sent a product that is faulty, wrongly described or we have made an error with your order. We are not required to replace any product if you simply change your mind. However, if you are not happy with your product we may, at our discretion, decide to exchange or refund it providing the product is returned to us in its original condition including tags and instructions and with proof of purchase from us.
Any product returned must be in a resalable condition unless faulty or otherwise defective. Resalable condition means unopened, with all tags attached and in original condition as the item was sold/sent to you.
All products supplied by Lifestyle Gear are provided according to international standards. However, as with the production of any products, there will always be the probability that a tiny percentage may exhibit a fault, which is why we provide a six (6) month warranty on all goods from date of purchase.
For any warranty claims, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org with photographic evidence and a full description of this issue, including how the items was being used, what cause any such fault, date and times. We will then provide a solution in accordance with the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 and/or the Fair Trading Act 1986. Outside of our obligation under these two Acts, we assess each request on an individual basis and will endeavour to go above and beyond.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold by Lifestyle Gear. In the event that goods sold are defective or are faulty, we have the obligation to repair, replace or refund.
Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect any customer from being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally.
This applies to all aspects of the sale of goods including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
There are three options that we provide customers who would like to return a product.
Where your items have already been sent then you will be required to return any items in their original packaging in an unused state and in a resalable condition. Any costs to return the item are those of the customer and any shipping costs (sending and/or returning) or transaction charges incurred by Lifestyle Gear may not be refunded. Any returns must be sent via a tracked method (tracked Courier or tracked NZ Post) and the tracking details must be supplied to email@example.com as soon as the items is sent.
Any return may also incur a restocking fee of 10% of the item cost.
1. Credit – issuing of a credit note provides an alternative to a refund or exchange. This credit can be used to purchase anything from our website and cannot be exchanged for cash.
2. Application for Refund – any application for a refund must be requested in writing as soon as possible with the reason for the requested refund.
3. Repairs – If the returned product is still under warranty, the repair will be at our expense. There may be an assessment fee or shipping costs incurred which may be payable by the customer. If the product is out of warranty, then we can still have the product repaired, however the cost of the repair will be charged to the customer unless the product is faulty or otherwise defective.
When any return is requested, we will not start one of the above three options until the items have been returned to us.
To discuss any of the above please do not hesitate to contact us.